Version française disponible sous peu
My boyfriend wanted a cowl, and after surfing on the net and finding nothing to suit what I was envisioning, I decided to create my very own.
- 1 skein of Araucania Nature Wool Chunky (131 yards/ 100g)
- 1 set of 5 dnps size US 10 / 6 mm OR 1 set of US 10 / 6mm circular needles of 16"
- Tapestry needle
- Loose ribs (multiple of 3 sts):
- Rnd 1 : *K1, K1 leaving it on left needle, P2tog this st and the next st* repeat to end of rnd.
- Rnd 2 : K all
- Repeat those 2 rnds.
- Rnd 1 : *K1, P1* repeat until end of rnd.
- Repeat this rnd.
- 4 sts in Loose Ribs = 1" blocked.
Finished measurements (blocked)
- 10" wide and 9.5" long
Make the Cowl
- Cast on 84 sts. Join in round, beeing careful not to twist.
- Work 7" of Loose ribs, ending with a rnd 2.
- Work in 1 x 1 ribs for 2.5"
- Cast off in ribbing.
- Weave in ends. Block to measurements.